PO Box 2713
Telephone number: +27 (11) 573 5700
3. Section 10 Guide (Section 51(1)(b))
The Guide on how to use the Act will be available from the South African Human Rights Commission in August 2003. Please direct any queries to:
The South African Human Rights Commission
The Research and Documentation Department
Postal Address: Private Bag 2700
Telephone: +27 (11) 484 8300
Fax: +27 (11) 484 0582
Human Rights Advice Line: 086 012 0120
4. Records available in terms of other legislation
c. The requester must identify the right that is to be exercised or protected, and provide an explanation of why the requested record is required for the protection or exercise of that right.
d. If, in addition to a written reply from KWE, the requester wishes to be informed of a decision in respect of the request, the requester must provide KWE with the manner in which this response is to take place and the relevant contact details.
e. If the request is made on behalf of another person, the requester must submit proof of the capacity in which the requester is making the request, to the satisfaction of KWE.
6. Availability of the Section 51 manual
A copy of this manual is available for inspection upon request at the offices of KWE (as set out in Section 2 above). A copy of the manual can beamed available by sending a request for a copy to the Information Officer by email. The Manual may also be obtained from our head office, the South African Human Rights Commission (“SAHRC”) at the addresses set out in Clause 3 above or from the Government Printers. This Manual will be updated from time to time, as and when required.
7. Prescribed fees payable in respect of requests
The following applies to requests (other than personal requests)
1. A requester is required to pay the prescribed fee of R50,00, before a request may be processed;
2. If the preparation of the record requested requires more than the prescribed hours (six hours), a deposit shall be
paid to KWE (the deposit shall not be more than one third of the access fee which would be payable if the request were granted);
3. A requester may lodge an application with a court against the tender/payment of the request fee and/or deposit;
4. Records may be withheld by KWE until the appropriate fees have been paid;
5. The fee structure in respect of records held by KWE can be made available by contacting gut e Information Officer.
Our meticulous service, know-how and precision in execution help our business partners navigate the ever-changing demands.